Vegan Tomato ‘Cream’ SoupCourse: Soups
Fresh from the garden creamy tomato soup!
32 oz. fresh chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots
3 cups veggie broth
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tblsp dried basil
1 t. dried oregano
pinch of pepper
PARMESAN ROUX follows below:
1 cup aquafaba cream (*see note below)
2 Tblsp coconut oil
3 Tblsp gluten free flour
1/2 cup vegan parmesan (**see note below)
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
- Add your tomatoes, onion, celery, carrot and garlic to large stockpot and water sauté for 3 – 5 minutes. Add in tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes until your veggies are tender.
- While soup simmers, make your roux. Melt coconut oil in small saucepan and whisk in your flour, salt and pepper. Quickly pour in your aquafaba cream and stir until combined. Remove from heat and stir in your vegan parmesan.
- In batches, stir your roux into your tomato pot.
- In batches again, puree soup in blender.
- *to make aquafaba cream: 1 cup aquafaba, 1 t. lemon juice and 1/8. t cream of tarter – blend all together in blender until frothy.
- **I used Minimalist Baker 3 Ingredient parmesan – recipe here.