Better than Emeril’s?
But shhh…don’t tell Emeril, but my vegan lemon butter whole roasted cauliflower is so flavorful it might be better than the one at his restaurant!
Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Fresh Ingredients are Better Here
Impress Your Dinner Guests
Vegan Lemon Butter Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Vegan Lemon Butter Roasted Cauliflower is a Savory, Comforting Dish!
1 Whole cauliflower
1/2 cup vegan butter
4 – 5 Tblsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tblsp fresh thyme leaves
3/4 cup vegetable stock, divided
16-20 baby potatoes, halved
2 whole carrots, peeled and cut into strips
optional: additional lemon and thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare large roasting pan or cast iron skillet.
- Wash cauliflower, flip upside down. Cut stem out, but be careful not to go too deep – you need your cauliflower intact. Remove outer leaves. Put cauliflower into prepared pan upside down.
- Melt butter with lemon, garlic and thyme in small saucepan on stovetop. Infuse mixture for 3 minutes.
- Pour half of the lemon butter mixture into upside down cauliflower. Flip right side up and brush cauliflower with rest of the lemon butter mixture.
- Place potatoes and carrots around cauliflower.
- Pour vegetable stock over everything.
- Cover with foil and roast in oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and baste with additional 1/4 cup vegetable stock.
- Roast uncovered for another 25-30 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with additional lemon juice or fresh thyme.
- Serve with our Romesco sauce!
- I used Earth Balance butter. Fresh or condensed lemon juice may be used. I love Better than Bouillon Vegetable base.