I absolutely love anything with oats! Do you? From overnight oats to granola bars with hidden veggies, give me anything with oats from breakfast to snacks and I am a happy camper! Oh, and we can’t forget about dessert either, I am a fan of the oatmeal crust as well.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Vegan + Gluten Free)Course: Breakfast, Snacks
One bowl granola bar recipe with the taste of pumpkin, spice and everything nice!
3 cups gluten free old fashioned rolled oats*
1/2 cup pumpkin pureé
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup creamy all natural peanut butter
1 Tblsp molasses
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup allergy free miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8 inch square pan for baking.
- Combine wet ingredients in large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add in oats, then remaining spices.
- Stir well to combine.
- Fold in miniature chocolate chips.
- Place in prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until well set.**
- Enjoy warm or cool than refrigerate. You can also cool, cut into bars, wrap in parchment paper and freeze.
- *if you don’t need gluten free, substitute regular old fashioned rolled oats, but do not use quick oats.
- **because of the pumpkin and applesauce you want the middle of the pan of bars to be well set.