The temps have took a sudden nose dive in our area of West Michigan and with that sweaters have been unearthed from the depths of my closet and warm soup like this Instant pot vegan Cincinnati chili are filling my thoughts.
*disclaimer, I was provided the product used in this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Instant Pot Vegan Cincinnati ChiliCourse: Main, Soups
Spiced red lentils make a protein packed base for this easy Instant Pot Cincinnati Style Chili!
3/4 cup of red lentils, soaked, which makes approx. 1 cup total*
1/2 box cooked The Only Bean Soya Bean Spaghetti noodles** (or your favorite spaghetti noodle)
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tblsp chili powder
1 Tblsp cinnamon
1 Tblsp tomato paste
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp cacao powder***
1/2 tsp ground allspice
pinch of pepper
pinch of coconut sugar or brown sugar
3 cups of water
optional: The Only Bean Soya Bean Spaghetti Noodles, vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, pinto beans, chopped onions
- 1. On Instant Pot**** sauté mode, water sauté your onion and garlic for 3 – 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add in all other ingredients including lentils and stir well to combine.
- Close lid, make sure your spout is set to sealing and set your pressure cooking setting to 10 minutes on high.
- Top with your favorite optional toppings listed above!
- Store in refrigerator, can be frozen.
- *Lentils can sometimes not sit well with me, so I soak them to ensure easier digestion! They do soak up the water though, so 1/2 – 3/4 cup dry lentils will equal approx. 1 cup of lentils you need for this recipe.
**We loved using The Only Bean Soya Bean Spaghetti noodles, feel free to substitute your favorite spaghetti noodle or eat just by itself!
***Unsweetened Cocoa Powder could be used a substitute
****No Instant Pot? No worries! You can simmer this on the stove for 30 minutes to an hour – the longer you simmer, the better the flavor!